Advice Topic:
Buying

Ask An Agent

Get answers from licensed real estate agents on buying, selling, loans, appraisals, contracts, and market trends.

Post a Question

Buying

554 questions found

Our listing has gone quiet again after a price drop - what actually gets buyers back?

We dropped our price $30k three weeks ago and had a nice bump in showings, but its cooled off again and we're back to almost nothing. Everyone who's toured it says they love the yard and the layout, just not ready to commit yet. My agent says just be patient but I dont know if thats really a strategy. We could drop another $10k or offer buydown credits instead - what actually works better to get a stalled listing moving again, and is it too soon to try either one?

Asked by Marisol T. | Flagstaff, AZ | 09-18-2026 | 50 Views | Buying | Updated 1 month ago

Should we get our own inspection done while the house is still listed?

Our house has been listed a few weeks with interest but no offers, and a roof leak plus some old siding damage keep coming up as buyer concerns. If we pay for our own inspection now and it finds more problems, do we have to disclose that to every buyer after, or just whoever we go under contract with?

Asked by Dawson K. | Overland Park, KS | 09-18-2026 | 26 Views | Buying | Updated 1 month ago

Buyer still isn't ready to close and we're stuck paying for two houses - what can we actually do?

We were supposed to close two weeks ago. Already bought and moved into our new place so we're paying two mortgages now. Come to find out the buyer still doesn't have final loan approval and title wasn't even ordered yet. Nobody told us any of this until we started asking. Can we push for a deadline with real teeth here or some kind of penalty, because I am so done waiting around?

Asked by Bridget O. | Charlotte, NC | 09-18-2026 | 44 Views | Buying | Updated 1 month ago

Will our rate lock actually hold through a mid-December closing?

We're closing on our new build mid-December and rates just jumped again. Our lender won't lock anything more than 60 days out. What are our options if rates move a lot before we're inside that window?

Asked by Reece D. | Minneapolis, MN | 09-18-2026 | 29 Views | Buying | Updated 1 month ago

my realtor said we should list the house as is does that mean buyers cant ask us to fix anything or complain later

my realtor said we should list the house as is does that mean buyers cant ask us to fix anything after we sell or come back and complain later

Asked by Tansy G. | Muncie | 09-17-2026 | 28 Views | Buying | Updated 1 month ago

Is a conservation easement the right way to protect a small lot from development?

My mother owns two adjoining lots, one of which serves solely as a yard beneath a mature tree. I would like to ensure it can never be developed, and have been researching conservation easements, though I suspect the parcel is too small to qualify. What alternatives exist for permanently restricting development on a modest lot?

Asked by Theodore N. | Charlottesville, VA | 09-14-2026 | 37 Views | Buying | Updated 1 month ago

I want to buy a trailer house in Redding California

I live in Lake Havasu City AZ. Want to buy trailer house for my sister and her son to live in

Asked by Rita Welsh | Anderson, CA | 09-10-2026 | 29 Views | Buying | Updated 1 month ago

Should I do a deed in lieu instead of trying to sell?

After falling behind and getting a preforeclosure letter with a hard deadline of the 11th, and only two showings in the month since we listed, I'm trying to figure out if signing the deed in lieu paperwork my lender sent is smarter than continuing to wait on a buyer we don't have yet.

Asked by Priscilla D. | Tucson, AZ | 09-10-2026 | 57 Views | Buying | Updated 1 month ago

Will my buyers' second VA loan need extra inspections too?

We already fixed the chimney cracks and sump pump before our first VA buyers backed out over the inspection report, and our new buyers are also using a VA loan but only want an electrical and water inspection. Will the lender still require a full new inspection since its VA again, or are we fine since everything is already documented?

Asked by Rosalind K. | Huntsville, AL | 09-10-2026 | 38 Views | Buying | Updated 1 month ago

Is $305k fair for land that sold for $155k months ago?

Im looking at 18 acres in rural southern Indiana split into three lots. The whole 18 acres sold for $155k earlier this year, and now theyre asking $305k total for the same land subdivided, even though two of the lots barely have a dozed dirt driveway. Is there any real shot of getting all 18 for $200k or less, or am I missing something?

Asked by Silas P. | Asheville, NC | 09-09-2026 | 20 Views | Buying | Updated 1 month ago