want to sell my house but it is in a trust any thing i need?

Steve N.

El Sobrante, CA

7 months ago | 361 views | selling a home
Answers (5)
Kenny Truong

eXp Realty of California, Inc.


Hi Steve, if you are the trustee of the trust then you should have the authority to sell the property. If there are multiple trustees then all those who have the power to sell the assets of the trust would need to sign off on the sale. Im happy to have someone reach out to you to review your trust and see what is necessary to sell.
7 months ago
Lindsey Stansbury

EXIT Real Estate Property Solutions


Hi Steven, you will want to check with a real estate attorney in your area to be sure that the laws are the same as you expect. Recently I was the Realtor on sale in which the house was in a trust. I am in Florida and only the Trustee needed to sign off on the sale. It may be the same for you. Would you like me to connect you with a local Realtor in El Sobrante, CA? I can be reached at 407-579-6453 or [email protected]
7 months ago
Marty & Abby Champagne

RE/MAX Market Place


You will need to have the POA papers.
7 months ago
Tracy Fetter

Ashby & Graff Real Estate


Hi Steve, In CA, you will need the legal authority and the Representative Capacity Signature Disclosure ( RCSD-S), and the Trust Advisory (TA), or if you are not the trustor or successor trustee you will need to get a Power of Attorney from the trustor. There may also be step-up tax penalties. Please consult with your tax accountant. Depending on the situation of the trust it may have to be probated. I can recommend attorneys and help you when you are ready to sell.
5 months ago
Joe Castillo

Keller Williams Danville


If you are the trustee that makes your life easier when selling the property. I recommend either way that you consult with a good lawyer that specializes in Trusts. I can recommend a few if you do not have one already.
4 months ago