As a real estate agent, we know you’re bombarded from all sides with new technology and gadgets that are supposed to make your life easier. It can be tough to keep up with the latest trends, let alone decide which ones are worth investing in for your business.
To help you out, we’ve put together a list of 14 essential tools that every real estate agent needs in their toolkit, from must-have gadgets to helpful apps and websites, to help you become an expert real estate agent.
1. A Good Camera That Takes More Than Pictures
Pictures may be worth a thousand words, but video and 3D walkthrough experiences can become an experience beyond that. If you haven’t already, upgrade your camera so that you can offer potential buyers a more immersive look at properties.
Additionally, having greater visual representations can help boost your marketing efforts by making your listings more shareable and attention-grabbing. The more eyes you can get on a listing, the better chance you have of making a sale.
Top Photography & Videography Tips for Real Estate Agents
Here are some quick tips to get you started:
- Look for a DSLR camera with a wide-angle lens
- Get a high-quality flash
- Use a remote trigger
- Use a tripod to avoid shaky footage
- Invest in a decent microphone to capture audio
- Find the right lighting so pictures don’t look dark and dreary
- Use natural light whenever possible
- Aim to schedule photoshoots in the late day
- Showcase the best features of the room
- Move around and shoot from different angles & perspectives
- Always edit the final photos to bring out the best
2. A High-Definition Drone
Drones are becoming increasingly popular in the real estate industry, as they offer a unique perspective for taking photos and videos of properties. By investing in a drone, you’ll be able to give potential buyers an aerial view of the property, as well as any surrounding amenities.
When using a drone, keep these tips in mind:
- Check local regulations – There may be restrictions on where you can fly a drone.
- Be sure to get insurance – In case of any accidents, you want to be covered.
- Get trained and licensed – Drone piloting isn’t as simple as it looks. Make sure you get the proper training and certification before taking to the skies.
- Check the weather conditions – You don’t want to be caught in a storm while flying your drone.
- Be mindful of your surroundings – Be aware of any people or animals that could be in the vicinity of your drone while you’re
- Inform your clients – Let your clients know ahead of time that you’ll be using a drone to take pictures or videos of their property.
- Only fly in good weather conditions – Drones are sensitive to weather conditions. If it’s windy or raining, it’s best to wait for another day to fly.
- Don’t fly over people or near airports – For safety & regulatory reasons, it’s best to avoid flying over people or near airports.
Of course, if you don’t want to take on the responsibility, there are plenty of drone services that you can hire to do the job for you.
3. A Virtual Reality Headset
If you really want to give potential buyers an immersive experience, invest in a virtual reality headset. This way, they can put on the headset and explore the property as if they were actually there.
You can use this in meetings to save your clients and yourself time, money, and energy by not having to travel to properties that might not even be a fit. Other benefits include:
- Being able to see the property at any time of day
- Viewing the property in any weather condition
- Getting a realistic sense of the property’s size
4. 3D Printing Technology
If you’re looking for a way to really stand out from the competition, consider using 3D printing technology. 3D printing is still a relatively new technology, so it’s sure to impress anyone who sees it. Plus, it can be a great marketing tool to use when promoting your listings. And, when all is said and done, give the model to the new homeowners for a special keepsake.
5. Augmented Reality Apps
Augmented reality (AR) apps are becoming more popular and are only going to become more so in the future. These apps allow you to overlay virtual objects in the real world, which can be a useful tool for real estate agents.
For example, you can use AR to show potential buyers what furniture might look like in a room or how a renovation would change the appearance of a property. There are a number of different AR apps available, so be sure to do your research to find the one that’s right for you.
6. A Virtual Staging Service
If you’re looking for a way to make your listings stand out, investing in a virtual staging service is a great option. This can be particularly helpful for properties that are vacant or in need of some TLC.
By using virtual furniture and decor, you can stage a property without having to actually do any work yourself. This can save you time and money, while still giving potential buyers an idea of how the property could look once it’s been furnished.
7. An Amazing Website
A very user-friendly, fast-loading, search engine optimized website is a make-or-break tool for a real estate agent. If you don’t have one, get one. If you have one that needs some help, update it.
If you’re building a new site or thinking of redoing your old site, it is important to note that there are 3 basic elements to a great website:
- Aesthetics – Design counts. Make sure your site is visually appealing and easy to navigate. For this, you’ll need a website designer.
- Functionality – Make sure your site runs great on the technical side. This means regular updates, security features, and responsive design (meaning it works well on mobile devices). You may need a web developer for this.
- Search Engine Optimization – SEO takes into account the above two elements and ensures they follow the best practices of the most popular search engines. This will help your site rank higher in search results, making it more visible to potential buyers and sellers. For this, you will need an SEO consultant.
Keep in mind that these basic elements are not scratching the surface of what goes into a well-optimized website, but they are a great starting point. Also, they are entirely different disciplines that sometimes cross over. But, it would be best to get the opinions of all 3 types of professionals to get the most well-rounded perspective on how to improve your website.
Our top SEO tips for agents:
- Mobile-Friendly – The speed, layout, and design of your website should be optimized for mobile devices.
- Local SEO – Make sure your site is optimized for local search so that potential buyers in your area can easily find you. However, don’t spam your pages with a bunch of city name keywords.
- Listing Pages – Include a unique, in-depth description with photos, videos, and 3D tours on your listing pages.
- Publish E-A-T Content – Google’s E-A-T algorithm stands for “Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness”. Make sure your website content is coming from a place of knowledge and authority to help improve your ranking in search results.
8. A CRM Service
A CRM (customer relationship management) system is a must-have for any real estate agent. This helpful tool will allow you to keep track of your clients, properties, and deals in one place. Having a CRM will help you stay organized and efficient, which is crucial in this business.
With a CRM, you can keep track of:
- Client contact information
- Client communication history
- Property listings
- Property showings
- Deals in progress
There are a number of different CRMs on the market, so be sure to do your research to find the one that’s right for you and your business.
9. Social Media Marketing Services
Social media is a powerful marketing tool that every real estate agent should be utilizing. There are a number of different social media marketing services out there that can help you get more leads and close more deals.
Some may even argue that a website and social media are even more important than front-yard signs or business cards these days. No matter what, social media should be a big part of your marketing strategy.
10. Design Services
Investing in marketing and design services can help you take your business to the next level. By working with a professional, you can create high-quality marketing materials and branding that will help you stand out from the competition.
While the best is still done by humans, there are some amazing technologies coming out that can create images from text descriptions. Additionally, many of the tools used by professionals are becoming more affordable and accessible to the average person.
11. Electronic Signature Services
The world continues to shift from paper to paperless, and real estate is no exception. In order to keep up with the times, you’ll need to invest in electronic signature software. This will allow you to sign documents electronically, which is more convenient for both you and your clients.
There are a number of different electronic signature services on the market, so be sure to do your research to find the one that’s right for you.
12. A Good Virtual Assistant
As a real estate agent, your time is valuable. Investing in a good virtual assistant can help you free up some time by taking care of tasks like scheduling appointments, sending emails, and following up with leads.
With a virtual assistant, you can focus on the things that are most important to you and your business. And, as an added bonus, many virtual assistants are also excellent at social media marketing, which can help you get even more leads.
13. Team Management Tools
Finally, if you’re part of a team or working with other agents, investing in team management tools can be a huge help. These tools will allow you to keep track of your team’s progress, manage leads, and stay organized.
There are a number of different team management tools on the market, each with its own set of features. Be sure to do your research to find the one that’s right for you and your team.
These are just a few of the essential tools that every real estate agent needs in their toolkit. By investing in these helpful products and services, you’ll be able to take your business to the next level.
But, we would be remiss if we didn’t include one more tool that can help you grow your business: FastExpert.
FastExpert is a platform that connects real estate agents with homeowners who are looking to sell their homes. By signing up for FastExpert, you’ll be able to get your listings in front of motivated sellers who are ready to make a deal.
You can showcase your bio, reviews, and even video tours of your listings on your FastExpert profile. And, when homeowners are ready to sell, they’ll reach out to you directly.
It’s a great way to get more leads and close more deals. Plus, it’s free to sign up. So what are you waiting for? Click here to create your FastExpert profile today!